The job holder will be responsible for managing respective stores in their area so as to ensure maximum sales, maximum profitability, effective stock management to increase customer satisfaction and ensure continued business growth. The job holder will also be responsible for maintaining the desired visual merchandising, retail operations, customer service, replenishment, recovery standards in his/her area in the store in all aspects. The job holder is also responsible for sponsoring and coaching the team and driving continuous improvements.
Key Responsibilities :
Sales and Commercial Performance of the Area
Maximize sales and profitability of the area
- Formulate and implement store strategies and procedures
- Control costs within budgetary guidelines
- Maximize productivity in stores through effective deployment of resources
- Increase market share in the area and study competition regularly
- Monitor and control expenses ( overtime, local, stock and consumables) through efficient store operations
Operational Standards and Management
- Execute new store openings and re-fits.
- Execute promotions are implemented according to guidelines and that local/seasonal promotional opportunities are identified and maximized.
- Monitor inventory management systems within the area (stock availability,order management, back store management, stock consolidation and transfer)
- Monitor store administration through periodical store visits and retail meetings to maximize operational efficiency within the area
- Ensure all the stores are in compliance with all employment and state laws, health and safety standards
- Maintain best retail standards in all showrooms as per market positioning of the brand
Initiate timely action on slow moving and non moving products
- Supervise the visual merchandising function to ensure that they support the brand and intended theme.
- Manage, develop and motivate staff to increase sales and improve efficiency
- Ensure right mix of staffing across all showrooms
- Assist Store Managers in grievance handling and disciplinary actions
- Ensure skill development of showroom staffs through Job rotation and Learning & Development
- Monitor and appraise the performance of showroom staffs in coordination with showroom managers and developing individual career plans.
Desired Experience :
- 7-10 years of Retail Experience
- Managing multiple stores
- Exposure in Mass Volume/Large Format
- Managed Big teams
- Experience in working as Business Driver
- Good Knowledge of retail processes and retail industry
Good Knowledge of Merchandising, Stock Management and Inventory processes
- Result orientation
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail