The NFC Firmware Architect is responsible for the design and test architecture of embedded software for a project in the area of NFC ( Near Field Communication) Controller Integrated Circuits. He will drive major technical decisions. This typically includes identifying and documenting the architecturally significant aspects of the system. He will be responsible for proving rationale for her/his decisions, balancing the concerns of the various stakeholders, driving down technical risks, and ensuring that decisions are effectively communicated, validated, and adhered to.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Propose and drive improvements of Software architecture in order to support new System features.
- Be the owner of the NFC Firmware architecture documents.
- Perform design and code review. Define and maintain APIs to Middleware.
- Support Project Leader in effort estimations.
- Be knowledgeable on NFC Industry standards and Trends.
- Has the ability to evaluate candidate architectures and technologies via prototyping/benchmarking.
- Be a reference in the Firmware team for all question related to Software architecture.
- Be a consultant for development engineers during debugging of cross modules issues.
- Enforce the re-use of common components.
- Support our customers during design-in phase with high flexibility to travel onsite when required.
- Work cross sites in multicultural context environment.
- Report in matrix organization to the Firmware Project Leader and to the NFC Group Leader.
Qualifications & Skills:
o 10 years of experience in software design, coding and testing, in hard real time environment.
o Significant experience as embedded software architect.
o Past customer exposure is essential.
o Structured and analytical thinking. Strong logical and problem solving skills.
o Ability of break-down analysis for SW / HW system.
o Programming languages: C, C++, Assembly. Experiences of ARM processors.
o Good understanding of electronics (Digital HW simulation)
o Ability to work with scope and RF analyzer.
o Knowledge of NFC (Near Field Communication) or similar wireless standards (WiFi, Zigbee, Bluetooth) and Mobile industry is a key plus.
o Smart card standards: ISO7816, ISO14443, Java Card, Global Platform
o Knowledge of usual mobile environment OS and tools: Android, Linux, iOS, WindowsPhone8, Eclipse, etc.