Primary Skills: Application maintenance/Application Support/Production Application Support/Multiple Applications support, Unix Based application Support, Windows Based Application Support.
Secondary skills: Good to have skills: Apache, Tomcat, IIS, WebSphere, Web services
1. Change Preparation within the application landscape, and execution of application changes
2. Installation of applications, patches and updates
3. Providing application configuration and maintenance as per requests.
4. Delivering support to existing business users and investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies and queries
5. Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed
6. Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making modifications to system parameters, developing work-around or site-specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures
7. Contribute to project team efforts to ensure operational support requirements are implemented.
8. Respond to application outages.
9. DR Activities (failover / failback)
10. Responsible for correctness of reporting and monitoring
11. Application availability monitoring
12. Application availability reporting
13. Landscape stop/start sequence
14. Application performance management and tuning
15. Discovery / identification of relevant application patches/upgrades
16. Implementation of application patches/upgrades
17. Capacity monitoring and Capacity increase/decrease
18. Application level backup/recovery
19. Implementation of the application level backup/recovery
20. SSL certificate handling
Methodical and disciplined approach to work
Good interpersonal skills and customer handling skills
Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
Good analytical skills
Ability to structure and draft technical documentation
Experience working with UK/NL is preferred