B.Sc./M.Sc. - Actuarial Science/Statistics/Economics or Engineering graduate with strong background in applied statistics
At least 8 actuarial papers cleared from a recognized actuarial body (Institute of Actuaries India) (CT-6 is must) 4-7 years of experience in General Insurance or Reinsurance domains Intermediate to advanced skills in MS-Excel will be an added advantage
For its Insurance Business is responsible for ensuring that the risk cover promised to the client is the same as that committed by the Insurer.
Candidate is expected to work and build a team on traditional/non-traditional pricing products, Structured Reinsurance Solutions, economic capital modelling and ad hoc analytics projects.
An action oriented individual with a sound understanding of the actuarial roles inthe general insurance domain.
The job function includes but not limited to
1. Data Extraction/ Reconciliation
2. Development and reconciliation of frequency and severity models
3. Loss forecasting
4. Estimation of IBNRs using standard actuarial methods or other statistically robust techniques.
5. Ability to develop new and maintain existing tools either independently (Excel and VBA based) oras supervised by reporting manager
6. Ability to consolidation and Communication of results Ability to understand operational / delivery impacts of team structures and carryout changes to facilitate smooth delivery of actuarial support services
Act as a key input source on the efficacy of the current process and periodically provide likely solutions to fix these
Ability to look ahead at least 3 months with respect to business planning on a week by week basis, set goals and work backwards in fleshing out plan &ensuring implementation Maintain a healthy balance between delivering well (key priority) and creating a profile for the team (second priority) and its contributions by raising awareness both at a pan-KS and JLTI level
Actively represent teams & employees success stories to larger platforms, set context for accomplishments Motivate employees - act as a role model.
Reflect positivity; create buy-in by initiating special projects.