Roles & Responsibilities:
* Responsibilities include providing 24 X 7 offshore/remote support.
* Audit application backup policies and environments to ensure integrity of backup and recovery activities .
* Actively and pre-emptively determine possible faults and causes by the execution of pre-determined health and operational checks.
* Participate in the recovery of application environments where required.
* Ensure integrity of supported environment .
* Hardware /software fault detection and vendor liaison Liaise with customer accounts as required.
* Analyze and resolve escalated problems within target.
* You must be prepared to work within a team on a standby rotational for 24x7 support of customer systems .
* Should have desired Operating System Skills.
* Ability to convert Business requirement to the TSM planning.
* Should be proficient on at least one major OS suitable for TSM Server.
* Should be able to independently implement DRM and take part in DR tests.
* Should be proficient on how to restore and recover TSM Servers.
* Proficient on LAN Free backup implementation.
* Should have knowledge on NDMP backups.
* Hands-on on at least three TDP agents.
* Proficient in TSM for VE.
* Should have handled major DR drills.
* Knowledge on HADR and major replication methodologies.
* Proficient on TSM Client setup and different restore methodology.
* Should be able to independently handle image, subfile, journal based backups.
* Should know all available TSM Admin and Client interfaces, CLI, GUI, Webclientetc, and familiar with the available features.
* Should be able to suggest on data encryption requirements.
* Should be able to proficient on TSM reporting including the SQL commands.
* Proficient in TSM and OS level Scripting.
* Proficient in TSM Server security requirements and implementation.
* Should be able to guide others on TSM Import and Export methods.
* Should be able to configure TSM backups across the firewalls.
* Should be able to handle centralized TSM server administration, Client Optionset, Server group etc.
* Should be able to manage backup data movement between the TSM servers, import/export, virtual volume etc.
* Should be able to manage TSM infrastructure in Clustered environment.
* Should be proficient in Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, Performance Tuning and Improvement.
* Proficient in server and client upgrades.
* Proven skills in TSM security, encryption and licensing.
* Handle and manage capacity requirements.
* Experience and TS3500, SL8500, PT, DD implementation, configuration and management.
* Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze document and resolve problems.
* Audit application backup policies and environments to ensure integrity of backup and recovery activities.