The Account Manager for the Health Sciences Division is responsible for meeting or exceeding the annual revenue targets for E-Products and achieving long-term growth of overall Elsevier Health Sciences business in the South Region. He/She will be responsible for implementing sustainable sales and account management strategy across the existing and new customers in the Medical Segment for Health Sciences. This person will also be responsible for complete sales cycle for E-Products in the segment working closely with E-Business Team in South Asia and towards driving Penetration in the Medical Segment in the Region (Medical Colleges, Health University, Dental Colleges, Nursing Colleges, Physiotherapy Colleges). He should be able to grow the business by increasing the market penetration and up selling the existing customers. This person will report to the National Sales Head
Key Result Areas
Responsible for Revenue and Sales Management
Achieve the Annual revenue targets (New Sales and renewals) in the segment. Driving the revenue of the International portfolio of E-products in healthcare market (ClinicalKey, Journals Consult, Amirsys Products, Embase, Scopus). Manage the Medical accounts in the South Region through effective negotiations, pipeline management and customer engagements programs. Manage the accounts without compromising on company policies.
Responsible for account and segment management
Responsible for strategic account planning (Blue Sheet), ensuring appropriate input from other stakeholders, and focusing on the customer's business strategy. Ensures alignment to deliver holistic Elsevier value/revenue to the account, in line with the institution's strategic objectives.
* Overall account stewardship: owns the overall institutional strategy and planning of the customer engagement plan
* Executes against the strategic account plan, driving active engagement with important Elsevier stakeholders and influence-rs
Maintain and build relationships and improve customer satisfaction
* Owns the overall Elsevier customer relationship with the customers in the territory assigned
* Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers in- and outside (e.g. government influencers) key accounts; continue to expand executive level relationships at current customers
* Responsible for customer loyalty and customer satisfaction
Knowledge of Customer, Product Knowledge and MIS
* Key expert on the customer: knows everything about the customer's business, strategy and research needs, budgets, competitive products at the customer. Able to translate this knowledge into the implications for the holistic Elsevier value proposition and the solutions we offer. ....Develop complete product knowledge of E-Products of Elsevier to develop effective discussions with customers. Build and develop sales competencies through training on products, systems and sales techniques. Implement sales strategies for E-Products, journals and databases based on South Asia strategic directions and sales goals. Effective monthly forecasting with a strong skill of sensing the business challenges and coming up with effective solutions to mitigate the risks, if any.
Effective Reporting through Monthly/Quarterly Sales Reports, Sales Forecasts and CRM Pipeline Updations and Call Reports.