Reporting to the Executive Vice President, this is a critical position central to the overall strategy and success of our organization.
As VP, Finance within the insurance operations vertical, you would be expected to apply your deep finance & insurance expertise helping one of our key clients set up their finance function globally.
You need to be a global finance lead with property and casualty industry expertise and have the vision to conceive, design, and direct new data driven, technology enabled business models.
Particular specializations in driving financial strategies by building and leveraging data and analytics, process transformation, automation and outsourcing experience are preferred.
You will be responsible for overseeing and synergizing all finance processes for the Insurance Businesses that are conducted - including Financial Control and Business Finance (Processes under CFO purview)
You would have to understand global Insurance framework i.e. process (Target Operating Model), Policies, regulatory requirements, systems, and actively challenging the existing framework and working closely with client CFO to develop, refine and implement the new strategies for the finance function.
The list below indicates some of the capabilities that we should have within our insurance practice and as head you would have the complete responsibility and independence for building it.
Strategy : Working with clients to develop and optimize growth strategies that mirror the current industry dynamics including the evolving regulatory environment
Advanced analytics : Develop and design analytics strategies that help our insurance clients to mine data for insights and decision making.
Performance Improvement and Operations: Harness the capabilities to increase efficiency and lower costs for our insurance industry clients.
Technology strategy: Working with companies to increase the agility of their information technology and digital assets
Customer Strategy: Designing client solutions to develop insights and strategies to nurture customer relationships and earn customer loyalty that fuels growth and lowers costs.
Compliance: Support insurance compliance and risk officers and their teams in satisfying the demands of more complex regulations while also helping their companies grow their top and bottom lines
Staffing: Lead team of senior F&A staff in India to ensure smooth and seamless delivery and assist in new product and geographical expansion for one of our key clients
In addition to working with external clients, you would also be working as a part of the leadership team of our organization with responsibility of the growth and development of the F&A vertical.
- Oversee the Global finance function
- Identify opportunities for both transformational and incremental improvement and drive changes
- Actively involved in the development of the change strategy and accountability for its implementation in compliance with group standards and regulations.
Working within a fast moving and demanding environment with significant regulatory changes and strict timelines
- Focus on knowledge driven growth for the team
- Identify critical employees and create succession plans
- Support innovation in hiring strategies for finding the best talent pool
- Excellent verbal and written communication style.
Ability to confidently build a strong rapport with project teams and the client
- To work effectively with varying levels of people in finance function, various processes, PMO, IT as required, providing leadership and direction where required
- Suggest improvement ideas to set up standard global operations Desired Candidate Profile:Qualification Any Graduation, CA,CFA,CS,ICWA,MBAWe need candidates with minimum 4 years of experience in property and casualty insurance and with experience of 10+ years in F&A domain
Note: Before applying MUST read /understand the JD which is in detail.
Note1: If interested please attach cover note along with the answer of the following questions (MANDATORY)Note2: We are looking for a candidate who can join within 30 days or less.1. Do you have min. 4+ years of exp in property and casualty insurance-2. Current CTC3. Expected CTC4. Notice Period:Team Span: Average team size of 10-12 which includes one AVP.
Location: Gurgaon but will have to travel to Noida and Bangalore locations as per the requirement.
Will also be required to travel to client location (international) during quarter end / year end closures
This position is directly reporting to Executive Vice President and Co-founder and will be leading F&A vertical
QUALIFICATIONS- CFA/ MBA (Finance)/ PGDBM-Finance, Chartered Accountant/CWA /CPA with 15+ years of post qualification experience
- Experience as a controller in a global environment (preferred) - Good understanding of P&C Insurance products and experience of analyzing / understanding financials working in collaboration with other teams like actuarial, IT etc (preferred) - Experience of understanding and challenging existing accounting treatments, and of the application of new requirements (working knowledge of IFRS 4 and IAS 39 preferred) - Experience of the planning and forecasting cycle in a large organization (preferred) - US GAAP exposure