Summary of the Role
• The successful candidate will be a member of a service orientated team, performing Application Management tasks for a highly available, mission critical core Middleware platform
• Application management people who would be responsible to manage and operationally support a highly available, mission critical, central middleware system for a leading Airline.
• Active involvement in change initiation, preparation, coordination and implementation to the test and production systems.
• Actively manage and administrate the application layer components e.g. Tibco, Actional , Weblogic
• Own and co-ordinate all operational changes and ensure successful implementation with impact.
• Ensure formal and documented hand-over of IT Services to operational teams as part of an implementation.
• Participate in technical projects in close cooperation with Development and relevant groups within ADP.
• End to end problem ownership - own Problem Tracking Records, track progress and chase appropriately; aid where necessary and able in their investigation and resolution, making sure solutions are implemented as agreed.
• Ensure the highest quality of operations procedures is maintained.
• Backup Operations Support with technical support and regular hands-on work experience with Operations
• Participate in incident and problem prevention activities.
• Active involvement in major incidents (2LS trouble-shooting, including on-call where necessary).
• Propose changes to fix problems and improve processes, seeking assistance when needed.
• Interface to other teams in Operations, Development and Service Desk.
Skills & Knowledge – Technical / Functional and Managerial
• Experience in supporting TIBCO products such as TIBCO BW, EMS, BE, AMX AND/OR Weblogic , File Transfer products, Actional and on any Middleware Messaging Infrastructure based applications running on Solaris / Linux/Windows operating systems using Oracle databases)
• Experience of working in TIBCO products and Control-M will be added advantage
• Experience of working in the Live / Production Environment
• Candidate should be well versed with J2EE stack
• Application and operational experience with middleware/EAI products such as TIBCO, Weblogic etc. and knowledge on middleware messaging is strongly desired
• Experience of Network principles & technologies (including TCP/IP, Firewalls, Load Balancers)
• Hands on experience in scripting / Programming (e.g. Shell, Java, C++, Perl, Python).
• Understanding of automation & monitoring concepts and tools.
• Good understanding of processes - ITIL Incident, Problem, Change & Release Management.
• Strong Collaboration and Co-ordination skills
• Self-starter, Proactive and can work with minimal supervision
• Focussed and Goal Oriented
• Strong Communication Skills
• Proficiency in English essential (written and spoken)
• Analytical and Conceptual Thinking
• Takes Ownership and Accountability
• Change management & flexibility
Education and Years of Experience
• Degree in IT or computer science/engineering
• 3+ years of experience in delivering a highly available, mission critical application
• Experience of working in the Production Support Environment
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in an engineering or a technical support role, with exposure to Solaris / Unix and Windows, preferably on highly available, mission critical applications and platforms
• Experience in Airline domain is a plus