- Responsible for planning and creating automated performance tests based on current client usage and predicted future usage, executing tests, and analyzing results to measure scalability, stability and reliability.
- Responsible for developing tools for automation and load testing when there is no off-the-shelf tools available for a particular measurement.
- Responsible for measuring application and environment performance, documenting issues and working with the development and implementation engineers to identify solutions.
- Responsible for capturing the requirements of external client interfaces and identifying a method of simulation.
- Responsible for capturing the requirements for production environment configuration.
- Generate periodic reports showing current product load and performance against predicted load and target performance goals.
- Assist in trouble shooting live client issues via issue duplication in the performance test environment and identification of root cause.
- What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities- Ignite, Splunk, DCRUM, Dynatrace
What skills/attributes are a must have :
- 3+ years- experience in Performance Engineering including benchmark testing, performance analysis and measurement of technically challenging systems.
- 1+ years of programming/scripting experience
- Strong programming, troubleshooting and reasoning skills; the ability to debug and resolve difficult technical problems.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (Windows in particular)
- Knowledge of C#, Java, SQL Server, Java Script and .NET Framework
What skills/attributes are nice to have :
- Familiarity with SAAS Solutions and architecture
- Exposure to iterative and incremental agile software development