The role is focused on early engagement with customers and development of technical proposals for revamp engineering studies/designs across a range of refining and petrochemicals processes. Once the proposals are issued, this position takes a leading role in customer meetings and preparation of agreements and coordinates the handover to the engineering study/design team.
The role requires development and implementation of effective business and technical strategies, cultivation of mutually beneficial customer relationships (internal and external), strong networking and communication skills and demonstrated organisation and leadership abilities. A broad knowledge of process technologies, process design work processes and technical sales is also desired. The role works in close coordination with counterparts in other business areas, including technology licensing, engineering, catalysts, services and HPS to ensure that the product line objectives are met in terms of pricing, share of demand and capture of pull-through opportunities.
Accountabilities of this position include:
* Work closely with Sales to identify underlying customer needs and objectives with respect to revamping of existing process units in the refining, petrochemicals and equipment business areas.
* Translate customer needs to study scope and deliverables taking into account the skills and capabilities available within .
* Develop revamp study and revamp engineering design proposals
* Lead project specific sales strategies for revamp projects. This includes consideration of potential enhanced scope including catalyst sales, equipment and HPS.
* Coordinate with technology managers in Sales Support for technology input to proposal development.
* Liaise with engineering centre leaders to establish cost and schedule for revamp engineering work.
* Liaise with project management group to evaluate cost and schedule impact of non-standard deliverables for studies and revamp design package.
* Lead technical discussions with customers during the sales phase.
* Develop supplemental service agreement drafts or engineering and guarantee agreement attachments for revamp projects and participate in negotiations with customers.
* Coordinate handover to Engineering when project is sold to ensure all relevant design basis information is available for the design kick-off meeting.
* Update SalesForce.com project tracking and upload key documentation in accordance with business rules.
* Mentor technology managers in the lines of business on revamp approaches.
Bachelors degree in Engineering.
Wide experience in the field of Refining and Petrochemicals (inside or outside).
Strong interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Extensive experience in revamp studies and basic engineering design of a range of refining and petrochemicals processes.