- Manage SAP databases in a 24x7 mission-critical production environment.
- Install / configure new databases in both RAC and non-RAC environments.
- Install / configure new Data Guard physical standby databases.
- Prepare / update storage diagrams for both ASM and non-ASM environments.
- Use appropriate tuning methodology and tools to triage and resolve performance issues of SAP Oracle databases.
- Develop and maintain PL/SQL codes, primarily as store procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of performance tuning methodologies and understanding of Relational database join techniques like HASH, NESTED LOOPS etc. and the use of Oracle Hints.
- Handle daily production issues and migration of SAP to new hardware and data center.
- Experience with Oracle Advanced Compression
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- Work comfortable with minimal supervision
- 24x7 production on-call support during off-hours and weekend may be required.
Work Experience Required
Above 10 years
Roles & Responsibilities
Sr. Oracle DBA with SAP experience. Proficient in different phases of database administration, architecture and capacity planning. Responsible for the daily technical support of SAP database systems. Works with the application development team, the infrastructure team, business units and the software vendors to develop and ensure a viable and consistent capacity and recovery solution.
Other required skills
- Utilities to apply patches
- Data Center migration
- Process/Tool used to minimize downtime during data center migration - physical data guard
- BCU online backup to setup standby
- Oracle exhaust compression