• Undertake recruitment and recruitment planning as required by the
management line to build a suitably skilled core team in Hyderabad
according to an agreed total head count.
• Lead and co-ordinate the local development team in Hyderabad and
be willing and able to travel from time to time to visit the UK and other
locations as necessary
• Assist with the definition and evolution of the systems architecture to
enhance the existing platform in a secure and robust manner which is
fit for the purpose of hosting multiple high volume online businesses.
• Work with the wider Multichannel Technology team to facilitate the
strategy of internalising systems to support and manage online
businesses across the Group.
• Lead the Hyderabad based Multichannel Platform Team and any direct
reports to support the existing online businesses that are trading on the
platform and any additional ones that may be migrated. This includes
platforms, applications and infrastructure.
• Report back on all operational and technical aspects via the
• Work with the management line to develop a career progression
structure within the team that enables colleagues to grow, develop and
enhance their skills within the business
• Lead, motivate and develop the team to ensure high levels of job
satisfaction and colleague retention. Ensuring that all team members
have accurate job descriptions and appropriate KPIs to monitor their
• Hold twice annual appraisals to ensure effective team management
and weekly team meetings to ensure the team are kept up to date with
developments within the department.
• Ensure the stability and scalability of the applicable platforms/systems
to maximize up time and minimize disruption to any end customer
• Ensure that sufficient 'Out of Hours' emergency cover is provided for
the applicable platforms/systems by the team in order to protect trading
across the applicable Multichannel systems
Management and Operative Skills
• Proven experience of managing a technical development and support
• Experience of Waterfall/Agile/DevOps working practices.
• Be able to work on complex tasks in support of multiple simultaneous
• Have excellent communication and time management skills with the
ability to learn quickly and think creatively.
• Be able to champion Best practice within the team and wider business
• Be self-motivated and able to work independently within a rapidly
• Be able to measure and manage the team and systems according to
KPI metrics that may be agreed from time to time in order to enable
effective and efficient operation.
• Ability to interpret business requirements into technical specifications
• Advanced knowledge of Systems Architecture for implementing
scalable online trading systems
• Ability to design, analyse and construct robust server and client side
• Experience and knowledge of SOA architectures
• Detailed understanding of object-oriented concepts and design
• Able to analyse and document system architecture and produce
application/network architecture diagrams
• Experienced and knowledge of Returns/ Refunds (Reverse Logistics)
• Ability to implement and manage code management systems
• Experience of creating/deploying and managing cloud Infrastructure,
• Experience of Integrating with ecommerce related system
components/APIs such as Payment Gateways, Address systems,
Search and image management
• Experience with database systems including both SQL and NoSQL
• Experience of creating and securing Web applications and services.
• Practical knowledge and experience with server installation and the
• Experience of Developing with a range of common programming
languages and frameworks including PHP and MVC
• Detailed knowledge and experience with a range of standard web
• Ability to implement Test Driven Development and implement
automated unit tests