The Junior Technical Delivery Consultant is a customer-facing data integration consultant and developer who specializes in the Talend Enterprise DI and Data Quality toolsets. Responsible for designing and developing data integration processes on Windows, Linux and Hadoop platforms, the Consultant will use customer requirements, along with internal standards and designs, to deliver successfully against objectives. The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a customer-facing, cross-functional team, and will be familiar with agile-based approaches to project organization. Good communication skills, including an excellent standard of written English are also essential for this role.
* Working with other team members to workshop and analyse customer requirements.
* Analysing source systems and performing data quality profiles. * Generating data integration designs that meet specific customer needs. * Working within the Datalytyx standards and architectural patterns for DI development.
* Developing robust, testable DI and Data Quality processes, both batch and real-time.
* Implementing thorough test cases against a standard test plan. * Testing DI/DQ processes and reporting on success.
* Finding and fixing issues using a backlog-based approach. * Tuning the performance of DI/DQ processes.
* Documenting all work using Datalytyx standard templates. * Liaising with Change and Release Management functions to deploy changes into production.
* Supporting existing DI/DQ processes as part of an extended support team.
Contributing towards new and existing standards, policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
* At least two years' experience using ETL tools such as Talend. * At least two years' experience of SQL and database/data warehouse technologies.
* Ideally at least two years' experience with the Talend suite in an enterprise environment.
* A good understanding of data integration patterns, both batch and real-time.
* Ideally some experience of using Hadoop technologies, particularly Spark.
* Experience of using data quality profiling and SQL analysis.
* A good understanding of systems analysis and design.
* Ability to communicate effectively with business users about technical topics.
Great problem solving skills.