Responsible for the server administration for all corporate and resource servers located in Corporate server farms and IT supported site server rooms, and as such, be responsible for ensuring the reliability of all servers and related equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance and troubleshooting of servers, verify and ensure tape backups are scheduled and successful on a daily basis.
- The analyst will work as a team member under guidance of the Team Leader and work with other IT groups to determine a need for any server or infrastructure upgrades and will participate in configuring, designing and implementing such upgrades.
- Develop and maintain detailed server statistics with server monitoring tools. Implement and track all servers moves, adds and changes at all server sites in their assigned area.
- Responsible for new server technology support involving server provisioning and server virtualization.
- The candidate will also be assigned projects to automate various manual processes through scripting. Examples of daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- UNIX/Linux systems administration
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 5.x, 6.x, 7.x Server builds and installation of post-OS required software Monitor server performance and availability.
- Good shell scripting skills with bash, ksh Patch servers and execute server checklists Experience using Netbackup for UNIX/Linux and Windows daily checklists to make sure backups are complete, troubleshoot backups.
- Provide first-level and second level server troubleshooting and response Install and move servers and storage equipment Experience using ESXi 5.0 and ESXi 6.0 Interface with support vendors when required