- Planning of Patch management as per the Schedule.
- Plan infrastructure Changes as per the process.
- Support to raising & implementing including the Patch management CR's in the Wintel infrastructure.
- Daily BAU L2/L3 Calls Support on Windows 2008 and 2012 Server Family infrastructure.
- The setup and maintenance of new infrastructure of Windows 2010, Windows 2008 Server Edition, Domain Controller, DNS Servers, DHCP Servers, File Server,
- Participation in Server Restoration Team and doing Root Cause Analysis for severity 1 & Severity 2 calls.
- Basic knowledge of virtualization
- Office365 or any cloud computing/services experience
- Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 & AD Incident/Production Management
- In-depth understanding of windows architecture and troubleshooting experience with the ability to analyze technical problems to prevent future occurrence.
- Planning of OS Hardening of Windows 2008 / 2012 Servers
- Planning and guidance for creating Group Policy's and implementation as per standard procedures.
- RAID Configurations and Disk management utilities tools.
- Performing Windows server 2008 R2 and 2012 disaster recovery
- Working on escalated tickets
- To co-ordinate with the appropriate teams for call resolution for high severity or escalated calls.
- Troubleshooting escalated issues to Higher Up.
- Implementing best practices
- Recovery of windows server 2008 R2 and 2012 / Hardware to consistent state
- Taking ownership of virus outbreak management
- Liaison with Customer Security Officer
- Testing of Monthly MS Fixes / Patches
- Maintenance and Upgrade of Patching Application and Reporting Systems
- Decommission server
- 3rd party vendor coordination and escalation
Documentation of best practices
Creating and updating of technical documentation
- Forecasting and recommendation for capacity like disk, memory CPU etc.
- Intermittent resource usage and optimization advice
Problem Management and RCA
- Identifying problem areas and doing trending and recommendations
- Responsible for reviewing and updating RCA document for Severity 1 & Severity 2 calls.
- Impact Analysis of Monthly MS Fixes / Patches
- Proactive monitoring of Application of Patches against security baseline
- Problem Escalation and Progress Monitoring
- Pro-active problem management
- Review of Historic Incidents to discover regularly repeating incidents
- Handling of Problems relating to historic incidents
- Problem record creation for RCA analysis of Sev1 Incidents
- Hardware and Software Vendor escalation for problem record resolution
- Trend analysis of issues and corrective actions
- Periodic Security Baseline Analysis
- Additional Cluster Change Control and Management
- Cluster failover testing
- Evaluation, Testing and Deployment of clustering software updates
- Impact analysis on possibly affected related services/infrastructure
- Should have basic knowledge of virtualization
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-8 yrs. of overall relevant experience in Windows - system administration
- Experience working in a high-availability clustered environment
- Should be expert in windows server management tools and best practices
- Ability to structure, draft and review technical documentation
- ITIL Certified (foundation or/and practitioner) or a strong working knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management disciplines
- Customer relationship development and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
- Should be able to mentor junior member of the team.
- Should act as a role model
- Able to give technical trainings
- Ability to conceptualize problems
- Sound time management skills
- Knowledge of methodologies for developing, building and configuring a system.
- Basic understanding of SCOM server configuration