* Sybase DBA - Sybase ASE, REP and Sybase IQ - 12.5/15.x with 4 to 6 Years' experience
* Provide DBA support in all aspects of database administration such as installation, configuration and migration with Sybase ASE
* Detail knowledge of Sybase ASE v15.X, 12.x
* Detailed knowledge of Sybase Replication Server
* Day-to-day production operations (incident break/fix, change, service requests, vulnerability management).
* Provide Sybase replication support for building warm standby and MSA types of replication
* Be able to independently plan and execute large database migration activities
* Sybase installation and version upgrade from 12.x to 15.x or appropriate version
* Handling databases backup, DBCC, restoration, update statistic, rebuild and reorg
* Analysing and monitor system performance using DBCC, traceon commands, query plan output, system procedures like sp_sysmon and other performance monitoring tools
* Strong Performance and Tuning capabilities and root cause analysis reporting
* Troubleshooting problems real-time issues
* Knowledge and experience with enterprise wide disaster recovery activities
* Weekend work will need to be undertaken.
* Good understanding of UNIX platform with ability to develop & maintain UNIX shell scripts
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Good communication skills for providing documentation to support personnel, customers, and managers * Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action.