1. Hands on experience on negotiation, drafting and vetting of contracts & agreements. This would include immovable property and borrowings related documents.
2. Hands on experience of handling and briefing counsel appointed by the Company for defending cases filed against the Company and prosecution on behalf of the Company in court of law.
3. Good understanding of filing, protecting and defending Intellectual property rights of the Company, also monitoring/reviewing and filing for new Trademarks.
4. Hands on experience of responding to/ issuing show-cause notices and appearing before appropriate authorities.
5. Ability to co-ordinate with external legal counsels and consultants for expert opinion wherever required.
6. Good understanding of Corporate laws predominantly Contract Act and Companies Act (except direct and indirect taxes).
7. Experience of overseeing /monitoring & reporting compliances in the management system of the Company.
8. Hands on experience of conducting training sessions for internal stakeholders whenever required. (Preferable)
9. Working knowledge of preparing Standard Operating Procedures for functional/departments from legal perspective.
Key Deliverables / Accountabilities of the Position:
1. Create systems and processes thru SOPs to ensure that letters / correspondence to outside agencies/ authorities take place from appropriately authorised officials in the Company.
2. Highlight significant statutory amendments (in corporate laws) affecting the Companys business and the environment around which it operates.
3. Drive to ensure adherence to the compliance management system of the Company.
4. Review the existing legal cases and close the matters with a target date.