This position is for a Modeling and Simulation Engineer, responsible for product and process performance modeling of chemical engineering applications in life sciences and environmental pollution treatment technologies industry, using computational modeling techniques such as CFD, reaction engineering, reactor engineering, 1d/2d ODE and PDE modeling & analytical calculations.
• Sound understanding of engineering fundamentals like fluid mechanics, heat transfer, mass transfer, catalytic reaction engineering, combustion etc.
• Experience on commercial software packages such as ANSYS, FLUENT, CFX, Design Modeler, ANSYS Meshing platform, axisuite etc.
• Basic Programming skills: C /C++/MATLAB/Python
• Ability to write own code to solve ODEs and PDEs using commercial and open source platform
• Ability to effectively deliver on R&D projects in a business environment
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Use commercial CFD and other in-house software tools to perform product performance and process modeling simulations.
• Develop mathematical models to describe a product or process performance by using state of the art technology.
• Communicate and present regular project updates to the leadership team.