Sr Market Analyst will work closely with the Strategic Marketing Director to help drive advanced materials organic growth faster than the market while driving profitability through a series of deep-dives into individual SBU/ SBE and /or by driving cross-SBU strategic growth and profitability initiatives.
This individual must be able to analyze long-term market, competitive and technology trends and understand customer needs in order to identify attractive new markets and segments and develop and implement business strategies and plans that ensure long-term success.
The role requires thorough understanding and application of:
* Vertical markets and value chain elements
* Business and Go-to-market models
* Pricing excellence and competitive pricing dynamics
* Macro & Microeconomics
* Basic marketing toolkit (market definition and sizing, segmentation, value management, targeting and positioning)
Own and deliver on the work-stream
* Structure the work stream into key work elements and draw work plan to achieve the end result in a timely manner. The work plan must focus on and prioritize the most critical elements of the problem at hand
* Identify resources and support required for the work plan to be carried through
* Perform required analyses and perform appropriate market, competitive and customer research needed for the work stream
* Synthesize findings from all the analyses and research and develop recommendations for the work stream. The recommendations must be in coherence with any other works-stream /s being run in parallel and must take a senior management view
* Document and present the findings from the work-stream in a well-structured and well-written document
* Develop action plan and drive its implement so as to deliver the intended results for the SBU/ SBE
* Create appropriate MOS and measurement system to monitor and measure the ongoing impact of the initiative
Conduct Research and Analysis
* Execute impactful market research studies; drive to conclusions and actionable recommendations for the business
* Lead market research planning and execution; Drive analysis to so-whats
* Communicates the findings and implications; Drive action from analysis
The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and instincts. He/she is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence. In terms of personal competencies, the successful candidate must be a hands-on person who possesses the best combination of strategic thinking and drive to achieve tangible business results. The candidates must be able to balance theoretical thought with practical. In addition, he/she should possess the following competencies:
* Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented. Should be able to structure a problem irrespective of domain
* Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: A conceptualizer of enterprise and market trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking into marketing and business strategies. Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
* Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with a diverse work force.
* Strategic Marketing Skills: Deep understanding and experience with the ability to practically link strategies to financial results.
* Results-Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
* Ethics: Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
* 8-12 years experience in market research or premier marketing organization
* Strong written & oral communication skills.