Specific responsibilities include the following :
- Partner with the other business leaders to define and drive substantial parts of the customer experience for the respective categories.
- Partner with global category leaders to establish selection strategy of brands and products, and work with global vendors to add selection to the global catalog.
- Establish catalog data quality metrics and drive continuous improvements.
- Partner with global Sales and Business Development leaders to identify anchor merchant targets and offer competing prices to customers.
- Create opportunities to build relationships with vendors to improve the overall category experience.
- Develop effective traffic and online marketing strategies.
- Prepare business cases for category-specific initiatives targeted at improving category experience and partner with the appropriate cross-functional teams to deliver them.
- Ensure compelling category content to help customers find and select products.
Personal attributes and competencies :
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
Deep understanding of and passion for e-commerce required.
- Experience analyzing and improving performance of a business.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management.
- Highly organized and strong attention to details.
- Hands-on, results-oriented mentality, combined with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable with hands-on day-to-day management of tasks, resolution of problems and issues and experience in implementing action plans to meet objectives. Equally comfortable in generating a 3-year strategic vision and a weekly sales report.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage a program by the numbers. Must be metrics-driven.