The Senior Planner plays a vital role within the Agency Planning Function.
These are typically hybrid staff that have emerged from a data or analytics background who have demonstrated a meaningful understanding of marketing and communications strategy.
In their role they play a pivotal role in collaborating with Planners (Brand and Customer Engagement) and often bridge the gap between the technical data side of the planning process and development and execution of the communications strategy.
They are insights enablers who are as adept in using off-the-shelf insights tools such as Global Web Index and SimilarWeb as they are in deriving insights out of excel or Google analytics.
In the execution of work they are responsible for the development data strategy and audience targeting.
In their role they also have the responsibility for the set-up and measurement of all marketing activity across the business in order to drive efficiency and prove the success of activity to clients.
Providing direct guidance to junior staff and contribute to team development, drive innovative ideas, and further develop skills aligned with delivering powerful presentations and effective client relationship skills.
Typically these candidates are from a digital media or consulting backgrounds.
Typically, the best candidates have had exposure to data analysis and strategic development.
They key is that that they are both numerate problem solvers that can analyze data and can derive actions meaning and insights that can shape marketing communications strategy.
- Collaborate with Brand and Customer Engagement Planners, Account leads and clients before, during and after all marketing plans are deployed, ensuring the support of marketing insights and the execution of marketing and data analysis- providing the - deep dive- into Data Insights Tools and subscription services to develop greater insights beyond the norm.
- Ensure proper metrics are set up, data is collected succinctly, and results are converted into insights with a clear action plan.
- Leverage advertising data and client internal data to provide insights and information to make marketing programs optimally effective.
- Execute campaign measurement and analysis, test designs, ad-hoc analysis, and present conclusions to clients and account teams.
Participate in client management and relationship opportunities.
Close collaboration with client team and internal teams (marketing analytics, account management, interactive strategy) to socialize findings to improve campaign performance and user experience.
Establish measurement infrastructure for data capture and reporting, determine processes and systems to ensure end to end tracking of customer journeys. Gathers and defines test and learn objectives and agendas as required.
Maintain a functional expertise in database marketing, integrated channel marketing, analytical tools, techniques, and other similar requirements.
Desired Candidate Profile: Skills & Experience : Required Skills
- Direct experience or advanced education in business or quantitative analysis including both offline and online/interactive businesses
- Able to manage, delegate, and assign complex projects and timelines
- Strong analytic skills, preferably in the marketing field
- Impeccable attention to detail and very strong ability to convert complex data into insights and action plans.
- Keen ability to visualize data through graphing/ charting/ information display skills (strong Power Point skills are essential)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are needed along with top-tier communication and listening skills Education / Experience- 5+ years experience in marketing analysis, database marketing and/or research- Experience or exposure to the development marketing strategy.- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, or Mathematics- Masters Degree preferredTechnical proficiency- Proficient in Excel, MS Access, and Microsoft Office products- Advantageous if skilled in SAS/SPSS or programming languages such as Visual Basic or SQL- Advantageous if skilled in Google Analytics, Adwords and DoubleClick.- Advantageous if skilled query tools such as Business Objects or Tableau
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT Post - Graduation, Graduate.