- Proactively and effectively identify and highlight major issues impacting actual improvement in EHS by carrying out risk assessment, conducting EHS / IMS audits.
- Advised the management team on EHS policy formulation and development; development of procedures and safe systems of work; structuring and operating all parts of the organization (including the supporting systems) in order to promote a positive EHS culture and to secure the effective implementation of policy.
- Taken accountability of planning for EHS, including the setting of realistic short- and long-term objectives, deciding priorities and establishing adequate performance standards; monitoring of policy, plans and procedures including EHS adverse event investigation and reporting of EHS performance; training; reviewing performance and auditing the entire EHS management system; compliance with legislation.
- Supported preparation and updation of EHS procedures / standards
- Lead interventions and activities that take the site to leadership position with respect to EHS implementation of policies, practices, KPIs & culture.
- Liaise with other departments in planning and implementing measures for prevention of unsafe work practices to meet requirements of Site Contract pertaining to Safety.
- Improve motivation of employees towards EHS by way of doing innovative things.
- Conduct periodic surveys & improve on identified gaps.
- Prepare & execute training need analysis in EHS and its compliance
- Designed and Implemented Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) for OHSAS 18001 certification
- Designed and Implemented Safety Systems to ensure Zero Accident Plants
- Conducted risk based safety audits, Process hazard analysis, HAZOP studies, Job safety analysis, Chemical hazard analysis, Failure mode effect analysis, Chemical exposure risk assessment, Pre start up safety reviews etc.
- Conducted various risk assessments like H&S Risk assessment,Process Safety Risk Assessment, Fire risk assessment,Machinery safety risk assessment,Ergonomic risk assessment, PPE risk assessment,Chemical risk assessment,Behavior based risk assessment,Environmental risk assessment,Electrical risk assessment.
- Implementation of safety systems like permit to work, change control procedures, Operational control, Emergency response plan, Incident investigation, use of personal protective equipment, behavior based safety, etc.
- Monitoring, assessing and continuous feed back to the concerned on the non compliances with respect to safety systems like permit to work, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Conducted EHS Level-1 and Level-2 audits with in departments and with respect to GSK EHS standards and regulatory. Conducting safety audits/environmental audits.
- Interact with all departments for changes in procedures & procedures development, policy development, change Management, Safe Control of Operations and its effective implementation
- Contractor safety management-Risk assessment of non-routine activities, Method statements, PPE, etc
- Trainings, pep talks, tool box talks on various safety topics to increase safety awareness among regular as well as for casual and contractor employees.
- Investigation of incidents/accidents and recommendations of corrective and Preventive actions to prevent the recurrence of the similar type of accidents
- Organizing Site Safety Committee meeting as per schedule and ensure timely compliance of all major actions discussed in the meeting.
- Expertise in testing of lifting tools tackles and pressure vessels as per regulatory requirements.
- Identify requirement, develop suitable PPEs, ensure acceptance and ensure availability and usage of personal protective equipments.
- Organized safety campaigns, competitions, contests and other activities for creating awareness and interest of the employees in safety.
- Involving the management as well as work force in SHE related activities
- Process hazard analysis HAZID, Hazard Operability (HAZOP) study, What-if Checklists, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) etc.
- Hazardous area classification
- Quantitative risk assessments
- Basis of safety
- Designed and implemented behaviour based safety in each and every section
- Development of BBS observers
- Training, pep talks on expected safe behaviours.
- Formation of safety advocates among work men
- Formation of safety circles among workmen
- Responsible for 100% compliance of Fire Fighting Systems like Fire Hydrant System, Sprinkler Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Fire Suppression Systems etc as per requirement of FM global.
- Carry out periodic audits to identify fire prone areas.
- Ensure serviceability of all fire equipments in healthy condition.Developed a system of monitoring all the fire fighting/emergency loss prevention equipment, combustible inventory and make it 100% reliable
- Fire prevention and protection training to increase fore safety awareness among regular as well as for casual and contractor employees.
- Preparation of Onsite Emergency Plans, imparting training and conducting Mock Drills to test the emergency preparedness of the organization.
- Developed Health risk assessment for all the activities in the site
- Optimized tasks, equipment and the work environment to meet the physical capabilities of each individual and minimized ergonomically related injuries and illnesses
- Developed a system to Promote healthy and safe life styles and practices.
- Developed a system to reduce sickness absenteeism
- Counseling of employees on smoking and alcoholism
- Implementing Environmental Management System (EMS) as per ISO 14001 EMS.
- Preparation of Standard Operating Procedures relevant to Safety Health and Environment and their successful implementation
- Designing the relevant SHE training programme and imparting training as per the training needs.
- Execution of collection of data, Sampling, Analysis and preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments to submit to Pollution Control Boards.
Regulatory and external stake holders:
- Conducted regulatory gap analysis at regular frequencies
- Met all the regulatory requirements with 100% compliance
- Attend all regulatory meets and shared views
- Attended Public Hearings Pollution control board clearances.
- Liaison with Factories department & approvals
- Liaison with Pollution control board, CCOE, Fire Department, Civil service dept, etc.,