Project Description: Client is the midst of migrating from a COBOL-based data repository to a more modern SQL-based solution to support their Revenue Cycle BI initiative.
Consultant's Day to day responsibilities:
- Assist in the analysis and documentation of procedures, interfaces and outputs from the existing solution
- Work with business analysts and stakeholders to identify existing functionality that must be replicated in the SQL solution
- Drive process to define most efficient solution designs to support required functionality
- Work with business analysts to generate design specifications to for the SQL solution
- Work with developers to complete coding
- Provide guidance to the solution development team, as needed
Biggest technical challenge- Having no technical requirements already in place and thus being able to think outside the box.
- Minimum of 3 years of development work with SQL
- Minimum 1 year of SSRS and SSIS
- Basic understanding of analytics work, such as gathering requirements and writing specifications ( Sample questions client asks to determine basic knowledge: When you interact with end users, what are some of your methodologies- When you run into an issue, you can- t figure out, what do you do- )
- Strong communication skills, in particular the ability to collaborate with team members to solve a problem
- High level of comfort working on several projects at once
- Previous healthcare experience
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies