Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. SQL Server installation, configuration, maintenance and ODBC Connectivity issues.
2. Ensuring data consistency in the database through DBCC commands
3. Database repair and data loss recovery
4. SQL server log shipping, Installation and maintenance
5. Experience on Back up, Restore and Disaster Recovery
6. Experience in SQL Server Architecture, Memory handling and DB Indexes
7. Experience in Planning and implementing all types of backup and recovery operations, database design, stored procedures, database management and administration.
8. Configuring and Implementing Jobs/Alerts/Operators.
9. Experience on creating DTS/SSIS Packages, Jobs, and Maintenance plans as per standards.
10. Experience on high availability SQL Server solutions, including Log shipping, Data
Mirroring and Replication and Always on availability
11. Setting up security polices and creating appropriate logins, roles and application roles.
12. Strong knowledge on Performance tuning, Query Optimization.
13. Proficiency in installing, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting MS SQL
14. Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012, 2014