A leading global commodity merchant and sustainable supply chain management company, is seeking an ambitious leader to drive the development of its MFI business in Ghana and the Ivory Coast. Your goal will be to leverage our close network of 150,000 smallholder cocoa farmers, technology and existing product base (e.g. agrochemicals), to address financial services needs for our farmer base in a reliable, accessible and affordable manner.
The successful candidate will work together with a strong team of senior operational, technical, SMS and technology managers to develop the business strategy and roll out of this new This company business initiative. The ideal candidate should have a depth of experience working in microfinance in rural settings in developing countries and an intimate understanding of the challenges facing MFI in this sector.
This is a fulltime position based in Ghana, also covering the Ivory Coast. Candidates must therefore be mobile and willing to travel extensively within Ghana and the West Africa Region. Fluent English and French is essential.
- Finalise the establishment of the Microfinance Institution
- Oversee the final steps towards registration and launch of operations
- Hire all necessary employees as per business plan
- Supervise the MIS implementation and kick- off
Strategic Planning & Business Development :
- Define the strategic orientation of the business and obtain approval from the Board
- Based on the approved strategy, develop annual and 4- year plans and budgets, incorporating inputs from the different divisions
- Monitor and control the implementation of these plans
- Set financial, operational and social performance targets to all departments
- Lead the business development (products and geographical outreach)
- Develop relationships with potential donors, investors and technical & financial partners
- Maintain strong and trustful relationships with partners and Board
- Identify and negotiate funding opportunities.
- Management and Governance
- Communicate regularly with the Board and participate actively in Board meetings
- Execute the Board's decisions and achieve business plan's targets
- Manage day- to- day operations with clear leadership and guidance through the Management team
- Set standards of risk management at all levels and ensure effective control and management oversight
- Develop a corporate culture around the key values of the MFI and cultivate high performance and motivation of staff
- Drive the financial sustainability and social performance of the business - Reporting
- Ensure quality information flow to the Board, investors, regulators, donors and other stakeholders