Quality Engineering team within Client is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
- Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at Client requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
- This position will be responsible for driving best practices for exploratory and automated testing within Client in working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
- This position will drive quality/test Strategy creation, manual testing, integration testing, user journey automation, cross device/browser automation for web applications, release sign-offs, crowd sourced testing, etc.
- Coordinate and participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
- Review project test and implementation schedules. Document test plans and acceptance criteria using JIRA, Rally or such solution life cycle management tools.
- Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
- Own responsibility for end-to-end product quality including: defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
- Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members. This is not a management position; however, this position is expected to provide strong leadership to junior members of the staff.
equired Skills :
- Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as JIRA, RALLY, Rational Team Concert, Quality Center, etc.
- Experience in both Unit and Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
- Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), and/or data warehouse reports.
- Expertise in software development to build and use automation frameworks using technologies: Java/.NET, JUnit, Selenium, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, Spring framework, REST, JSON and XML, Eclipse IDE, etc.
- Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution - specific focus on cross browser and cross device testing.
- Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover).
- Exposure to Continuous integration and delivery concepts desirable.
- Exposure to performance engineering requirements desirable to develop Non Functional requirements from the start.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously.