The candidate will be responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications. The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and lab environments. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology.
· Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned software systems to ensure compliance with software/system specifications.
· Collaborate with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention throughout the development process.
· Maintain a high degree of error free programs, procedures, systems, and documentation on all software application releases.
· Anticipate potential software problems by creating exhaustive test scenarios that ensure comprehensive testing.
· Document all testing results in conjunction with test plans.
· Identify and analyze defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
· Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of metrics.
· Ensure that the project schedule is adhered to and the work is completed according to the schedule.
· Manage processes for moving applications from test to production environments.
· Establish and maintain good working relationships with peers in Product Development, Project Management, and Client Services, and with external clients.
Knowledge and Skills required:
· Skilled in QA system development and monitoring
· Experience with any automated browser testing tools such as Selenium
· Experience with Performance Testing
· Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
· Internal and external client-focused attitude with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
· Aptitude for learning, understanding, and applying concepts
· Able to work within a team and work independently