Understanding of automotive systems and components related technologies and process, Basics of prototyping, CAE/ CAD software, Virtual tests, Metallurgy, Calibration of test equipment, etc. Knowledge Specifically about Chassis frame, sequencing of the assembly of vehicle as well as integration of other aggregates like engine, transmission, etc. Ability to co-ordinate with design, purchase, NPI, IDT/ODT, etc. Knowledge of Sheet metal components manufacturing & fitment, various welding process, BIW & Vehicle assembly process, tooling & fixtures. Also having knowledge of various modern manufacturing techniques. Familiar with various problem solving techniques.
1. Contribution to planning
- Provide inputs for new setups, facilities based on requirements
2. Key actions and decisions (Long term and Short term)
- Execute daily planning of proto shops to meet the project completion Targets
- Co-ordinate the process sequence, resource requirements (such as tooling, fixture and labor to each process step) throughout and estimating cost, concurrently during the course of product development
- Execute the daily planning of the functional areas (like staff functions of planning, stores, purchase and line functions of manufacturing including machine shop, BIW shop, fabrication shop, trim shop, assembly shop, paint shop etc.) for prototype manufacturing
- Complete the planning procedures and provide timely feed back to shop/design.
- Support the execution of quality processes and monitor regularly so that basic quality standards are met, and proto purpose is achieved
- Provide solutions and resolve the grievances/issues of shop floor employees.
- Participate and interact with suppliers for technical discussions / negotiations / RFQ discussions & to decide test requirements for critical aspects.
- Coordinate the shop floor activities including safety & 5S / recourses to execute the work effectively within deadlines.
3. Nature of problems faced/ Scope of improvement opportunities
- Benchmark best in class vehicles for features & performance for target setting
- Participate in various Knowledge management initiatives for enriching the design manuals / testing standards/ contribution to IPR's
4. Communication (Key stakeholders and nature of communication)
Stakeholder(s) Internal/External Nature of Communication
Team Leads - Proto Assy and Fab Shop CV Internal Reviews / Co-ordinate for status updates and risk assessment
COCs, CE teams Internal To understand requirement and specification items in line with new product development
Teams within Protoshop Internal To understand requirement and specification items in line with new product development
Suppliers / vendors External "Technical discussions, negotiations and feedbacks,
- Material Procurement of critical Items
- Assess foreign proto vendors
- Relationship Management"