* Prepare and create responses to customer's requests for proposals, estimates and information as directed sales and operations teams.
* Deliver Proposals of the highest quality possible and continually seek out ways to improve the way we serve our customers.
* Leverage systems and tools to accurately maintain estimates, proposals, requests, responses and supporting documentation.
* Proposals and estimates are captured within Siebel, as per the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
* Complete cost estimates and proposals within the required time.
* Accurate portrayal of costs in the form of cost estimates.
* Propose technical and / or commercial alternatives that enable the lowest compliant bid while providing the highest value to the customer.
* Adhere to the BIZOPS Standard Operating Procedures
* Study RFQ and other documents / drawings supplied by customer and contribute to the solution which fits technical & commercial requirements.
* Estimate AS equipment and services using the relevant tools.
* Identify 3rd party Packages / Equipment / Buyout items and engage Procurement to obtain sub-vendor Technical and Commercial offers.
* Identify Packages / Equipment from other Business Units, i.e. Advanced Solutions, Building Solutions, etc. and engage the proper BU to obtain Technical and Commercial offers.
* Working with Procurement, Evaluate the Technical and Commercial Offers
* Contribute to the full proposal with the required scope of supply/documents (some of them could be prepared by other functions, BU within the organization or by sub-contractors).
* Assist in creation and submission of the e-GAP.
* Respond to post-proposal technical quires/clarifications and update the proposal, if necessary.
* Prepare booking package as per the BIZOPS SOPs when project is awarded.
* Contribute to sharing and standardizing of best practices.
* Relates to and understands the client's requirements.
* Microsoft Office tools and other business applications.
* Technically minded and an integrative thinker.
* Fluent in oral and written English. Other languages are beneficial
* Should be able to work with others in a team environment. A true team player.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE:
* BE - Chemical, Instrumentation, Electronics or Electrical
* Hands on Projects or Engineering or Proposals knowledge on Adv. Solns domain such as OTS, Historian, Alarm Management, OM&S, etc.
* Knowledge and/or hands on experience of Honeywell Adv Solutions portfolio is preferred.
* An understanding of the customer's business and their requirements.
* Is aware of the unique value proposition
* Awareness of competitor's solutions and value propositions.
* 2 - 5 years' experience which can be in process automation, Electronics, process control, telecommunication or computer science. Solutions experience is beneficial.