1. Strengthening the company’s existing buying process:
· Building stronger relationships with the company’s existing suppliers in order to have a strong understanding of the market; knowledge of business to Nigeria & better price negotiation
· Establishing a thorough understanding of export business from China to Nigeria through market research & networking. This would include:
o understanding which products are regularly supplied to Nigeria & their volumes;
o understanding specifications, sizes & packaging that move best in Nigeria
o understanding pricing to Nigeria & negotiating better prices with suppliers
o evaluating quality control checks & processes currently followed by the company & suggesting improvements required if any
o evaluating current import supply chain & suggesting improvements if required
2. Expansion of the company’s business through introduction of new product verticals
· Identifying products with high potential for supply to Nigeria - understanding of trends / products supplied to Nigerian market particularly those in high demand and suggesting new product lines to be developed
· Sourcing of suppliers / factories / manufacturers of household, building material & other products with high potential for supply to Nigeria. Building strong relationships with new suppliers in order to have a strong understanding of the market; knowledge of business to Nigeria & better price negotiation
· Handling entire import supply chain from sourcing of product, determining quality & reliability of product & supplier; negotiating best price & payment terms; coordination of quality control, shipment & logistics until point of delivery
· Ensuring products shipped meet customer requirements
· Keeping abreast of market trends – latest designs of products; new packaging; additional SKUs etc. and providing Nigeria office with this information
· Identifying & recruiting the required manpower including junior merchandisers to meet expansion plans. Training & Management of all staff within merchandising department.
DESIRED SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
· 5 – 10 years’ work experience in sourcing of products from China. Previous experience of dealing with Nigeria would be preferred.
· Chinese Nationality, with fluency in Mandarin is mandatory.
· Strong network / relationship with factories / manufacturers in China.
· Experience in sourcing for building materials & household items would be an added advantage.
· Excellent networking & negotiation skills.