Reporting within Symantec Infrastructure Services you will be part of Symantec's established Network Services team. You will be an ADC engineer supporting Application Delivery network (ADN) in an DevOps role in a large enterprise. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of ADC experience combined with a solid background in F5 LTM, GTM & Azure technologies.
- Participate in Sev-1/Sev-2 calls as LTM/GTM subject matter expert and assist with troubleshooting to resolve incident within set time frame.
- Provide 3rd level technical support assistance to Tier 2 support staff to diagnose and resolve complex recurring application issues under incident & change management.
- Drive software/hardware upgrades on a routine basis; represent Load Balancer team in capacity review meetings.
- Drive Engineering improvement projects as identified under design/capacity reviews and RCAs.
- Automate & improvement existing infrastructure by aligning with industry best practices & leveraging automation tools as EM, iAPPs, iControl etc.
- Troubleshoot problems arising due to device software/hardware, application side changes & capacity issues using available tools & support options.
- Implement DNS, LTM and GTM configurations with adherence to established IT standards, procedures & industry best practices.
- Provide technical support on LTM, GTM and work with application teams, project managers and stakeholders to fully test & validate solutions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for the application environments, including network diagrams, troubleshooting guidelines & operational SOPs for tier 2 support staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- In depth knowledge of F5 BIG-IP LTM, GTM, Viprion, EM Hardware Platforms, capacity limits, operational requirements & deployment scenarios.
- In-depth knowledge of F5 TMOS Architecture including currently generally available software versions.
- Demonstrated expertise of networking knowledge including a thorough understanding of the OSI model through TCP/IP layers 2 through 7 and routing protocols.
- Functional understanding of diverse set of networked applications requiring application traffic management solutions, including HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, DNS, SSL etc.
- Understanding of global & local load balancing concepts such as vCMP, SNAT, profiles, persistence, SSL offloading, iRules, load balancing algorithms, VIPs.
- In depth knowledge of various troubleshooting tools as HTTP Watch, Curl, packet capture analysis and decoding using Wireshark, Network Observer, TCPDump etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end users to ensure all pertinent information is gathered for proper and timely fulfillment of change requests and low severity incidents.
- Ability to understand the processes and procedures to ensure timely turnaround of incidents and changes, as well as properly escalating within the organization.
- Ability to produce quality documentations such as operational procedures, knowledge base articles, troubleshooting guidelines & Network diagrams.
- Vendor security certifications, including F5 CA, Riverbed, Cisco ACE, Infoblox is a plus
- Good spoken and written English, Good Communicator, and comfortable in speaking with Management