- Development and maintenance of Java, J2EE application systems.
- Be able to design and build extremely reliable, scalable and high performing systems.
- Sound knowledge of data structures and algorithms from a practical standpoint.
- Has mentored teams on critical technology deliverables and conducts code reviews without fail and regularly.
- Be able to assess weaknesses of the system and for given business priorities be able to judge "need to scale" or "need to enhance" areas from engineering standpoint.
- Has an understand of high level architecture and for a given business requirement is able to guide product/business team on right approach to solution.
Experience in these skills: Spring, Maven, Hibernate, Ajax, Mongo, Distributed Caching, SQL.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Fast learner, flexible and able to work well within a cross-functional team environment.
- Is a good mentor. Be able to not only guide the team but also help them evolve their performance to a point where they are independent and take up independent responsibilities.