Essential Job Functions :
- Work on system upgrade including AIX OS and Oracle database.
- Respond to information requests from business managers to provide data for and/or the results of data analysis.
- Analyze, Investigate, and provide resolution of data integrity and validation issues.
- Analyze, Investigate, and provide resolution of end-user reported ad hoc query and standard report issues
- Assist end-users in their efforts to use the NYISO Portfolio applications to meet their business requirements
- Develop new reports or add functionalities to Energy Accounting and Data warehouse applications to meet stakeholder business requirements
- Assist business users in defining new functional and data requirements that would enhance the existing Reports.
- Support implementation of new functional and data requirements by working as an integrated member of the implementation and test teams
Skill Requirements :
- Minimum of 5 years- experience in IBM AIX system administration. Excellent knowledge of AIX VIOS.
- Minimum of 5 years- Oracle database administration experience in Oracle 11g and Oracle 12g environment along with experience in upgrade to Oracle 12g from older versions. Experience in supporting and administering Oracle RAC and Oracle advanced replication environment. Experience with RMAN to maintain backups.
- Experience in administering Oracle 9iAS and upgrade from oracle 9iAS to Weblogic.
- Minimum of 5 years- experience in PL/SQL programming using Oracle databases 11g and higher.
- Experience in writing complex queries, including creation and use of views, materialized views and data import function.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with JBoss Administration and upgrade preferred.
- Any experience with BigData (Hadoop, Cassandra etc.) ecosystem preferred.
- Experience in using SQL server 2008 or higher Database.
- Minimum of 3 years- experience supporting real-time critical applications.
- Strong knowledge in Java EE, C-language, HTML and Korn shell scripting is important.
- Knowledge and experience in SOA, web services preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Uses effective techniques to manage time.