Role & Responsibilities:
This Service Provider Customer Support DBA Engineer position has the following role / responsibilities:
- Level III line phone/email/fax Support with strong networking skills, Cisco routing protocols and predominately DBA SKILLS.
- Perform Database Request case handling for Cisco's largest SP customers across the following databases: Unix, Linux, Oracle, Red Hat and Abontoon (new flavor or Linux).
- Red Hat & Oracle are currently top two DBA skillset but need a combo of all (UNIX, Linux, Oracle, Red Hat and huge plus for Ubuntu)
- All NEW APPS are in Ubuntu and this skill/experience will push candidate over the top= it is a new flavor of Linux and Open Source
- MUST have large environment DBA experience= knowing a combination of the utilized Databases and providing successful remediation and support
- Any candidates with actual Ubuntu DB work experience has a huge advantage
technologies. Products this position will support include: ASR9k, CRS-1, CRS-3, 7600, Catalyst 6500, GSR/C12k, UBR10k
- ASR9k experience required.
- Acts as a technical expert in Database utilization, maintenance, optimization and problem resolution.
- Works independently, receiving minimal supervision, with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments
- Provide systems/product training.
- Acts as a focal point for large account Database problem resolution.
- Acts as a technical expert in Database(s) and database optimization & problem resolution on customer side.
- Provides support on a worldwide basis.
- Typically interfaces with lower level CSEs, VARs, OEMs end-users internal engineering departments and direct customer engagement.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Applies known solutions to solve problems.
- Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 6-8 years related experience.
- Deep knowledge of telecommunication systems and network environments.
- Ability to analyze, use and configure medium and large SP networks
- In-depth Knowledge of Routing Protocols BGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, MVPN and OSPF.
- Experience in a large customer support structure needed
- Proven crisis management skills; Consultative communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of databases:
- Service Provider Experience required.
- Ability to work independently, as this position only receives minimal supervision with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills. The position requires the ability to prioritize workload and manage customer commitments.
- Proven crisis management skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. The HTTS Service Provider team relies on each Engineer to communicate and collaborate often.
This results in very strong teamwork which has proven to be successful in driving issues to resolution quickly.
- Must be highly motivated and self-driven.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Minimum CCIE written