1. Manage an effective, efficient and productive Marketing Department by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies and values are developed.
2. Provide significant input into the annual marketing plan, specifically: sales forecasts for each product (taking into consideration past history, market trends, competitive activity and required sales effort), allocation of expenses between products (taking into consideration stage in product life cycle, potential for future growth and profit contribution, potential competitors), required sales promotion programme (taking into consideration marketing strengths relative to competitors, selling opportunities and customers needs and attitudes) and the marketing materials needed to accomplish the goals.
3. Develop Disease Management analyses of therapeutic areas of relevance, and strategic assessments of the companys products in the African market.
4. Form informal networks with company senior management, updating them on a regular basis on developments within Marketing, and working with them on cross-functional projects.
5. Develop ongoing liaison with key opinion leaders, patient support groups and other healthcare organizations to ensure that significant developments in the field are identified and monitored.
6. Provide assistance with preparation of submissions to regulatory agencies, tender boards and hospital formularies.
7. Ensure effective team communication throughout the marketing department through the application of suitable reporting systems and structures and the identification and provision of appropriate training.
8. Coaching of Product Managers and Marketing Associates .
9. Financial management of the marketing programme including budget planning, resource allocation and preparation of quarterly reports.