Lead the growth of the company portfolio within India. This position will be responsible for championing a globally aligned, locally focused Asia Pacific marketing strategy for the entrusted portfolio and assisting in developing a superior field organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Market Strategy Development & Implementation
- Develop business plans to grow the business.
- Support in-country implementation of marketing plans via appropriate marketing or campaign toolkits
- Monitor the implementation of marketing plans and promotional activities through sales performance e.g. sales, sales growth, market share gain and other basic financial indices.
- Lead new product launches and develop launch plans and product training toolkits to ensure effective pre-launch and sales team readiness prior to launches.
- Coordinate with markets to implement, track, and report on launch campaigns, pre and post-launch
- Provide guidance on marketing plans, as well as recommend strategic imperatives and promotional activities to achieve maximum market impact.
Market Analysis & Forecasting
- Develop a marketing database to understand customer needs, market size, market growth, and competitive share position. Initiate market research projects as needed.
- Analysis of annual reports, internal sales, and historical trends by county, product and period levels.
- Periodic market analysis on size, growth, and share trends for internal and external entities.
Relationship Management with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Establish strong relationships with key opinion leaders in the field of medical devices/injectablea .Develop and maintain relationships with the various stakeholders within the hospital buying chain.
- Identification of key opportunities for business growth,
- Ensure fastest time to market with available medical device/injectable products.
Cross Functional work
- Liaise with the Custom clearing agent to import the products, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs and Supply Chain to lead new product launches & promotional input approvals
- Work closely with Medical Affairs to provide product training and conduct medical programs/activities
- Work closely with Finance to develop market models for sales forecasting
- Work closely with Compliance and Regulatory Affairs to ensure high standard of compliance from strategy to implementation.
Tertiary qualifications in marketing / business or medical sciences.
12- 15 years relevant work experience.
Previous Sales and Marketing experience in the field of medical devices/injectable (Preferable)
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage across a matrix environment.
Strong business acumen and strategic planning capabilities
Proven track record in executing and delivering results.
Ability to connect and build partnerships with key stakeholders in different environments and markets.
Self-driven leader with demonstrated success in leading projects and strategy.
This position will require 25-30% travel.