The hiring company is a producer of automotive components. The Managing Director will oversee all Operations functions. This role reports to and collaborates with the Chairman of the Board to develop and execute operating strategies, and is charged with facilitating these efforts across 6 manufacturing facilities. Through a reliable, constructive, and energetic style, the Managing director provides leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the Company has the proper operational controls and procedures in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- All candidates must be at the VP of Operations, COO, or CEO level.
- 15+ years of Operations leadership and management experience with the day-to-day operations for a $25 million dollar or more automotive component manufacturing and distribution company managing a diverse workforce of 100+ employees.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- MBA desired.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing highly preferred.
- Experience in sourcing/purchasing.
- Candidates without automotive component manufacturing experience cannot be considered for this role.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and ability to develop initiatives based on financial performance / metrics.
- Display absolute integrity, trust, and responsibility within a competitive, fast paced environment.
- Ensure information flows in all directions.
- Direct responsibility to Chairman and Board of Directors.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; Mentor direct reports to cultivate skills and to increase awareness of the inter-relationship between each department in the operations group.
- Support and coach plant managers and General Manager.
- Lead the team to set operational strategic direction and develop tactical implementation plans to achieve strategy.
- Responsible for capital planning and expenditures.
- Coordinate production volumes and responsibilities across all locations.
- Responsible for monitoring production methods, to ensure high quality and cost efficient production processes.
- Assurance of service excellence by implementation of processes, which guarantees on-time delivery of quality products.
- Financial planning responsibility; Goal setting and KPIs for various production and operational areas.
- Creation of a plant data collection system, that helps to evaluate the plant performance as well as delivering the production scheduling sales data, trends, costs and future transactions.
- Collaborate with the management team and Board of Directors to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Proven Leadership and Communication
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to build influence at all levels of organization and enhance morale while leading through change.
- Interact daily with sales and quoting to ensure the company is competitive and continues to win new business at acceptable margins.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions, disciplines, and cultures.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
- Ensure all plants perform properly, promote safety, and optimize capacity utilization.
- Create and distribute weekly scorecard and operational overview for Senior Executive Team.
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for company operations.
- Gather and analyze customer trends to assist in developing corporate strategy.
- Establish compensation, training, short and long-term goals for the operations groups.
- Establish key performance indicators for management of the operations group.