Reporting and in-depth analysis of monthly financials (P&L, B/S, Free Cash Flow, Indirect Spend, Working Capital, etc.)
- Operational expertise in STRAP/AOP/Estimate processes
- Delivering high quality output & identifying risks/issues & escalating and mitigate them as required
- Develop and implement financial trend reports to identify performance issues within the business and risks or opportunities in financial plan/estimate.
- Develop meaningful and insightful business metrics and guide business counterparts in decision making process
- Provide analysis and guidance for the Monthly Operations Reviews.
- Provide support and analysis for competitor review and economic indicators trends.
- Partner with SBG/SBU & COE Leadership to enhance current process metrics & performance measurement system in line with Honeywell as well as, key industry practices.
- Provide relevant training to new employees on FP&A concepts and reports as per requirements of new employee orientation program.
- Partner with business counterparts in building financial plan and estimates and the associated variance analysis compared to actual.
- Partner with the business in driving key business goals and initiatives.
- Develop suggestions for process improvements as needed, to maximize scalability and minimize manual work.
- Implement process improvement plans by developing tools and other solutions with cross functional teams.
- Partner with business counterparts and demonstrate insight in financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel in driving business results.
- Ensure increased efficiency, working proactively to improve systems and processes.
- Develop systems for implementation and tracking of progress for strategic plan using internal tools.
- Exposure to Global Customers with ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees/customers and to align/ integrate with other departments / sites.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements which include driving efficiencies in the work area to speed up and improve the quality of output, by way of sharing best practices.
- Provide reliable and accurate financial reporting that exceeds existing standards and facilitates decision making.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- Finance/ Commerce / equivalent degree with min 8-10 yrs of relevant experience in FP&A.
- Should have managed a team of 5-7 people.
- To lead, manage and develop the FP&A team to excel in their roles through setting up of objectives and appropriate management technique
- Excellent organization, project management and time management skills
- Possess a strong team-oriented philosophy and willingness to go the extra mile to get the tasks completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- CA,ICWAI, MBA, CIMA, CFA, CPA or equivalent qualification is an added advantage
- Expert level analytical, modeling, and technical skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to think outside of traditional role to evaluate business implications.
- Expert Knowledge on STRAP/AOP/Estimate process
Knowledge and Skills (general and technical)
- Knowledge of ERP systems like SAP, Oracle, Essbase, Business Objects and Hyperion Financial Management and should have flexibility to adapt to different ERPs/Reporting tools.
- Strong business acumen coupled with financial prudence.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization;
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate financial data and information to non finance professionals.
- Highly collaborative and willing to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Show flexibility and ability to adapt to changing work environment and requirements, work under pressure with sense of urgency, and meet tight deadlines.
- A high level of independent judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills, with ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and discretion are required.
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude and focus on a win-win philosophy.
- Strong relationship skills, including the ability to influence positive outcomes and develop strong partnership/relationship with key business units across all levels of the organization.
- Six Sigma skills required