Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Installing, adding, removing SQL Server components
- Applying Service Packs, Cumulative Updates and Hot Fixes
- Creating and managing Logins, Users and Schemas.
- Granting Server-Level and Database-Level Roles.
- Assigning or Denying permissions on securable.
- Installation Failures, Database Mail, Disk Space issues, Jobs & Alerts, Orphaned Logins and Users.
- SQL Server Performance issues (Blockings, Deadlock, Query Time-Outs, Query tuning. etc).
- Root Cause Analysis for Failover, DB corruption, SQL crashes etc.
- Dump Analysis.
High Availability Solutions: