The essential skills and abilities necessary to manage this volume includes:
1. Arrange and coordinate suitable logistics (air/road/sea) as per project requirements.
2. Arrange with freight forwarder or directly with TMC vis SAP system: transport / route surveys
3. Assist in qualification of suitable logistic companies/ transporters/ clearing agents required for business
4. Evaluate type of Trailer (mechanical/ hydraulic/ bolster, etc.) proposed by transporter is suitable for safe transportation of Goods.
5. Be able to check and review loading calculations/ axle requirements / lashing calculations as per CTU / other design codes.
6. Review and approve required paper work - correctness of commercial documents (Excise invoice, LR, etc.) as per dispatch instructions.
7. Ensure correct and complete set of commercial documents go along with truck.
8. Arrange & provide timely road permit documentation
9. Coordinate octroi payments. This should be automated as is any other assessorial charge.
10. Arrange and coordinate custom clearance with Custom Handling Agency (CHA).
11. Export packing and crating coordination.
12. Techno-commercial review and selection of Sea Ports/Jetty etc. (this is very important when our scope of supply is FOB, Sea port)
13. Review cargo stuffing plan for shipping and ensure special sea fastening requirement (as required).
14. Single point contact as logistic person for coordinating with suppliers & customers (and their insurance companies.
15. Remain single point of contact for transporters/ freight forwarders.
16. Ensure completeness of logistics documents & coordinate with internal stake holders (projects, procurement, finance and customer care).
17. Coordinate & handle all imports with LLC logistics /other entities.
18. Maintain Log of dispatches, timely informing Insurance companies, seeking receipt confirmation (acknowledged LR's) from customer.
19. Review and approve transport invoices and inform Material Management for goods receipt
20. SAP transaction for Goods issue, goods receipt, location movement, etc.
21. SAP inventory accuracy and stock count.