The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: With 6BEUR of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Job Title & Purpose
Lead Engineer-Electrical Integration , with in TD function
Purpose of the Job
To have competencies/skills in AT-BGL team to support on Bids, tenders and future projects execution
Position in the Organisation
Organisation chart attached below
Direct reporting to Domain leader(Fittings & Integration manager)
Network & Links
Internal: Different functions, teams within TDE
External: Suppliers,Business units and Customer
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Is accountable for the Delivery of Electrical Harness Integration outputs, in compliance with the Engineering QCD commitments.
- Deploys and applies on project Train Design development procedures.
- Contributes to the train physical architecture in his geographic area taking into account below below listed areas of work
a.Cable trays/Cable ducts design and it's mounting definition
b.Electrical Harness routing based on the Fil-a-Fil,synoptique and connectors&device list
c.Bundling of wires based on the classification/grouping both HV and LV cables
d.Mounting of Electrical equipment's
e.Design of Jumper cables and Earthing/Grounding
f.Bogie and Underframe Electrical mounting defintions
g.Electrical Cubicle design,Mounting and complete harness routing(Structure definition,Welding,Fastening definition, circuit brackets,brackets etc..)
h.Equipement position definition and interface development
i.Export length of Flattening for Methods
j.XML file from the schematics to be linked with the wires/bundles in Catia V5(Through NEO)
k.2D drawings/3D FTA for parts,assemblies and installations
L. Knowledge of Electrical components and packaging.
M. sheet metal design in CATIA V5.
- Monitors, controls and consolidates his workpackage. As such:
- Organizes and leads his workpackage reviews for the project he/she is in charge,
- Manages Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan,
- Reports his targets to Train Design Engineer (QCD consolidation and risks).
- Supports Train Design Engineer in establishing Certification & Validation Plans.
- Organizes support activities for System Design and System Tests.
- Organizes Design / Verification reviews and provides the associated reports.
- Manages Technical Solution, Gaps on application part and Product part in accordance with his Metier.
- Defines and monitors the conformity Electrical Integration deliveries and other providers with project needs.
- Supports industrialization and production teams during manufacturing ramp-up.
100% on-time delivering
Closure of open points or escalation:
10 days maximum
Respect of Design for Quality milestones.
Market and Business Understanding
Describe the degree of business comprehension required in order to carry out the role (knowledge of the entire organisation, some functional areas within the organisation, domestic market, international market...)
BTech/MTech Mechanical Engineering
10+ Years of Experience with BTech/MTech Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
Good Knowledge in developing concepts in Catia V5 for parts, different subsystem, Mountings and Vechicle Architecture of different rail products
At Alstom Transport, we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at:
Developer, XML, Technology