ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Analyze, develop, implement, and maintain manufacturing operation sequences, specifications, and equipment, requirements for production/assembly of new and existing products
2) Interpret product design requirement into manufacturing process specification
3) Work closely with engineering, procurement, manufacturing and Quality during all phases of product development to optimize designs for cost, performance, manufacturability, service and reliability.
4) Troubleshoot manufacturing problems and implement sustainable corrective actions / design and implement SPC, poka-yoke and other process capability and problem solving and monitoring tools
5) Design & Establish appropriate tests for specification and reliability
6) Serves as the Manufacturing team player on a product development team
7) Responsible for implementing Manufacturing Flow Charts, Standard Work, procedures, Control Plans and FMEAs as prescribed by ISO standards and DBS.
8) Initiate the APQP/ Tollgate process in new product development function
9) To have thorough understanding of GD&T, Tolerance stack-up, Engineering Material properties, DFM concepts, ergonomics & Pokayokes while proposing any change in the manufacturing set-up as well as designing new manufacturing lines.