Deliver projects on implementation of Tax tools/ software applications for Direct ( eg:Longview) & Indirect Tax (eg: Vertex / Sabrix/ Taxware)
Demonstrate ability to understand masterdata set up in ERP (SAP/ Oracle) and ensure it to be tax sensitised to establish connection between ERP and external tax applications.
Demonstrate a breadth of experience and a depth of understanding of Finance and Tax function processes to deliver large tax function consulting projects
Demonstrate ability to articulate solutions to clients and sustain opinion with sufficient examples / expertise
Develop key thought leadership material on Tax function or Tax function transformation projects
Provides offshore oronsite support in projects that run in different geographies and be a part of the extended project team.
The consultant must be able to perform responsbilities across client delivery, thought leadership, capability development and offshore support for onsite project teams
1. Understand and drive conversation with client on Direct/ Indirect Tax related processes and be able to drive key inputs, gaps and opportunities to add value
2.Support Source Data Sensitization and Data Evaluation analysis in ERP (SAP/Oracle EBTAX) to enable successful tax function transformation.
3. Support configuration of the tools and applications (Sabrix/ Vertex / Longview / Taxware etc..) to meet client requirements as a functional expert
4. Perform current state analysis of tax related processes to articulate solutions and project methodology pertaining to tax function transformation or tax applications relevant to the context in Client conversations
5. Impart strong functional knowledge and guidance of standard procure to pay order to cash and record to report processes from tax perspective to enable Tax Function to be migrated to Tax Tools and Application
6. Support testing activities functionally, by providing inputs to definie the test scripts to ensure that the functionality changes / new requirements gathered are built appropriately
7.Assist in the development of capabilities in the direct/ indirect taxes space
8.Support and help in business development and marketing activities to grow the Direct or Indirect Tax consulting practice
9.Supervisory role may be a played by a consultant to ensure that the work / deliverables executed by his subordinates meet the quality expectations and meets clients expectations
Should be Post graduates ( M.B.A from premier B Schools , C.A. or C.F.A) with at least 4-8 years of experience with exposure to major ERP's, Standard tax sensitised PtP, OtC and RtR processes, tax determination tools/ functionalities and accrual accounting. IFRS / US GAAP experience or knowledge would be preferred