IT BUSINESS LEADER
The IT Business Leader proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and is the primary IT point of contact to business line leadership. They operate as the key business contact representing IT in promoting IT services and capabilities. The IT Business Leader helps to drive value by ensuring the delivery of technology products that meet the needs of the business. The IT Business Leader focuses on strategic initiatives and planning activities for their business area. The IT Business Leader leads and presents quarterly technology roadmaps to their business unit to reflect status and alignment with objectives. They strive to understand market challenges, including customer priorities and competitive issues. IT Business Leader’s are proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. They are, by nature, driven and provide significant value to business units. IT Business Leader’s drive technology adoption within their specific business and engage IT Presence to develop tactical plans to support adoption targets. They serve a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
- Align companies global technology goals with business-line specific technology objectives
- Build business-line roadmap meeting company vision targets
- Continuous evaluation of roadmaps and objectives; adjust quarterly as required
- Navigate between business and IT priorities to achieve the right outcome for the business
- Quarterly roadmap/technology presentations to business leadership
- Work with the business to define ‘success’ within their business-unit
- Status of technology
- Create Business/Market Project Charters and obtain business approval
- Review business-technology roadmaps presentation with Technology leaders; work with Technology managers to adjust their
platforms and product portfolios as required
- Alignment with IT Presence on specific market engagement strategies
- Work with IT Presence to orchestrate UAT sign-off with the business
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and show value of technology to business leadership
- Ability to anticipate technology needs based on market trends and changes within the business
- Ability to translate business process into high-level technology goals for Platform Managers
- Minimum of 15 years working within Information Technology and/or a Business function delivering technology value to users
- Experience presenting technology topics to a range of audiences
Start a lasting career with Our Leadership Stage Executive Solutions Client today!
Total Rewards reflects Leadership Stage Executive Solutions Client’s investment in employee’s needs and preferences in Dream Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay.