- Change Management - Generates activity and seeks new challenges to improve work performance; demonstrates an optimistic outlook and recovers quickly from failures/breakdowns.
- Commercial Awareness - Shows awareness of markets and ensures up-to-date knowledge of competitive environment; Demonstrates an awareness of new business opportunities and seizes and acts upon them; Is aware of financial issues such as revenue enhancement, costs, profits / losses cash flow etc.; Identifies opportunities to ensure sustainable profit growth is achieved through implementing cost-effective methods.
- Decision Making - Makes sound decisions quickly under pressure; Takes calculated risks based on adequate information and analysis; Makes a rational, balanced judgements on the basis of available information.
- Managing the Work of others - Works with an orientation to the future; Sets clear, appropriate, and well defined, quality objectives; Encourages others to comply with legal and personal obligations; Plans while taking into account change and possible difficulties; Provides teams with clear direction and keeps them focused on tasks; Actively supports autonomy and empowerment through appropriate delegation of work; Sees projects through to completion; ensures key objectives are met.
- Motivating and Influencing Others - Creates a climate of teamwork by encouraging harmony, co-operation and communication; Cares for others by monitoring their well-being; Inspires a positive attitude to work among subordinates and persuades others so that they can adjust their positions and readily gains agreement and support from others; Respects the contributions of others.
- Organisation Savvy - Maintains awareness of organizational structure and goals; accurately identifies and effectively presents the key points of an argument; Promotes ideas; Establishes links with people within and outside the business and uses this network for the organisation's advantage.
- People development - Encourages a culture of continuous personal and worked-related improvement through own actions and ensures learning from successes and failures; Guides and coaches staff; Passes on personal expertise and draws on the diverse backgrounds, skills and knowledge of people while defining and reinforcing standards and appropriate behavior.
- Problem Solving & Conflict Management - Reconciles conflict and probes for information for more in-depth relevant information for decision-making; Analyses numerical data and relevant sources of information in order to draw appropriate conclusions and check facts to establish causes and effects; Produces new ideas and a range of solutions to meet the demands of the situation.
- Strategic Orientation - Selects the most appropriate tactic(s) from a range of alternatives and conveys the plan to others; Sets organizational strategy in line with organizational vision and uses multiple, relevant resources to achieve objectives; Negotiates with a variety of approaches.