Job Profile :-
1) Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
2) Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integrating of technical activities.
3) Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
4) Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
5) Direct, review and approve product design and changes.
6) Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
7) Review and recommend or approve contacts and cost estimates.
8) Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients.
9) Set scientific and technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
10) Should co-ordinate with all other dependent and independent departments of the organisation like the shop and the office.
11) Must develop and introduce methods to increase productivity at the production line.
12) Should take the responsibility of making sure the production is cost effective and feasible to the organisation.
13) Should be capable of handling issues relating to productivity.
14) Must keep a check on all machines involved in production and utilize technical knowledge effectively to maximize productivity and profit.
15) Perform engineering duties as advised under supervision of assigned. Lead of engineer, project manager or supervisor.
16) Take responsibility for engineering tasks, and perform associated calculations and analysis.
17) Ensure compliance with corporate and project QMS procedures.
18) Supervise and co-ordinate engineers and draughtsman.
19) Liaise with other members of the project team.
20) Proficient in writing and checking of design reports and calculation sheets.