• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to define, design, develop and test laboratory systems including both software and hardware in a FDA regulated environment
• Lead use case development, requirements elicitation, requirements analysis and review meetings
• Take leadership on working with a multidisciplinary team in transforming an operational/ customer/ business need into a description of system parameters/requirements
• Write formal software and/or firmware requirements specifications and documentation, including how-to guides, cookbooks, reference material, technical overviews, architecture overviews, process flows, high-quality diagrams, etc.
• Work with system/software/firmware architect and development teams on overall system design to meet requirements
• Assist in creating design control documentation
• Create and execute test plans for new products/features, focusing on firmware while ensuring adequate test coverage
• Be a proponent of automation, and work to enhance our test automation capability through scripting and other software tools.
• Investigate system/software/firmware issues and provide detailed defect reports
Qualification, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or related field with Experience in embedded firmware and software development and product development and/or systems engineering
2. Experience with high volume manufacturing systems and working with automation and database systems
3. Experience with Digital systems such as microprocessors, programmed logic devices, and microelectronic devices
4. As Sr. System Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for developing innovative system to distribute audio/video around the home.
5. Design and integrate the embedded software stack to deliver A/V content throughout the home
6. Work closely with other firmware engineers to optimize system performance
7. Collaborate with software engineering to deliver best content sharing experience
8. Interface with third-party silicon vendors to resolve technical issues
9. Hands on experience with multiple silicons and A/V products
10. Some WiFi and BT/BLE experience
11. An interest in Home Automation or A/V - or just love, love, love watching your TV
12. Agile / Scrum experience
13. Strong C/C++ programming skills
14. Proven track record of shipping best-in-class software or hardware products
15. Proficient with BSP, Power management, I2C, SPI, GPIO interfaces
16. Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional engineering teams
17. Strong ability to learn new technologies
18. Experience working in a Linux or Unix development environment
19. Strong analytical skills
20. Strong verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audience
21. Strong presentation skills to present ideas and information in group meetings
22. Familiarity with FW testing, test automation development, and scripting, including programming experience in C, C++, Python or similar
23. A good understanding of the software development lifecycle (Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM), and experience with a variety of testing techniques (Black, Gray, White)
24. Experience with Next Generation Sequencing Instruments
25. Experience with primary and secondary sequencing data analysis
26. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment. And the ability to help keep that environment healthy.
27. A curious, creative personality. A sense of humor. A drive to succeed.