The company is experiencing tremendous growth and is seeking a Controller to join the Finance team. Reporting to the CEO/CFO, the incumbent will provide critical financial guidance and support to fuel the company's growth.
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Monitor and review the work of all accounting personnel / third party teams to ensure account reconciliation reviews are occurring accurately and timely
- Oversee timely collections from various third parties and ensure right policies and frameworks are put into place to make this happen
- Oversee procurement and vendor management. Propose new, and maintain existing, outsourced functions.
- Create where necessary and ensure compliance with new and existing corporate control policies to include T&E, signing authorization etc.
- Provide inputs on legal matters and coordinate with the lawyers on legal matters.
- Help the company take advantage of government and private schemes opportunities where startups/MSMEs can benefit from.
Cash flow management :
- Ensure all filings happening on time and all tax compliances are met
- Complete monthly, quarterly and year-end close responsibilities; ensure all deadlines are met
- Determine potential weaknesses in internal controls and implement changes to correct them; recommend process improvements and implement changes
- Provide a systematized reporting of financial data for comparative analyses to plans
- Perform complex balance sheet account reconciliations and analyses for accounts with high risk, including the preparation of journal entries.
- Maintain and ensure an efficient and orderly accounting infrastructure to include a chart of accounts, filing system and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Oversee and manage efficient processes of payroll, collections and payments
- Coordinate the yearly IFC & external audits
- External reporting and relationship building with banks, shareholders
- Comply with local, state, federal and international government reporting requirements and tax filings
Skills Required : Budget Forecasts, Financial Analysis, Compliance, Financial Risk, Financial Planning, Cash Flow, Management, Budgets, Accounts
8-15 years of experience of which at least half has been managing people preferably in a high technology company
Should be a CA (Mandatory)
Desired Skills & Experience :
Education : C.A
- 8-15 years of progressively responsible experience of which at least half has been managing people, preferably in high technology company
- Experience in a startup or high growth environment is a plus