Opening for the position for a Financial Planning and Analysis for an International BPO
Experience: + 6 years
A. Overall Purpose of the Job (Brief description of the primary purpose of this position)
Manage the Financial Planning & Analysis function for the company which includes team of FP& A and Working Capital. This includes monthly and periodic reporting to regional office, in Singapore, budgeting, forecasting and Working Capital Management etc. Besides above, this function is critical to support the business by sharing various analyses, pricing and contracting.
B. Key Responsibilities (Critical responsibilities and skills of this position, listed in order of importance)
As key manager within the Finance department, the person will be responsible for the finance planning, reporting & analysis and compliance functions.
1. Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
2. Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
3. Ensure timely and complete reporting to Region by the respective due dates viz., monthly submission of reports including financial and non-financial reports, quarterly performance indicators (QPI) reports, etc
4. Ensure Budgeting and Forecasting is done to near accuracy and submission the same to Region as per timelines.
5. Extract and analyze reports from Reporting Tool viz., Cognos Controller to make a detailed analysis and commentaries on them and also ensure they tie to the local SUN accounting system.
6. Supervision of Financial Analyst(s)
7. Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
8. Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
9. Monthly/ Quarterly presentations to region for MBR and QBR
10. Working with business development and operations team to formulate pricing and contract for new/existing clients.
11. Manage the working capital KPIs for the country including DSO, CIT, AR%>60 days etc.
12. Managing Cash flow statements and working closely with all departments to manage finance KPIs
13. Maintain effective Interdepartmental coordination for matters relating to finance.
14. Closely work with the Country Financial Controller in project management, analysis and planning.
• Continuously review work processes to ensure efficient workflow to maximize staff efficiency.
• Reorganization of the team to ensure maximum productivity for delivery of the business requirements
• Lead or implement new projects as necessary from time to time e.g. business projects, new products classification, etc
Working closely with accounting team to cover following aspects
• Ensure that all codes are structured in local accounts in comparison to Cognos and fixing any gaps on a monthly basis and are tied up to Cognos and reporting tool
Financial Control Standard
• Ensure compliance to General Affairs Policy and Procedures (GAPP) for the Company, India
• Ensure compliance of accounting/reporting treatment in line with Group requirements, including treatment for new products
C. Job Profile
• Required Skills and Knowledge (Brief description of technical knowledge or skills needed to perform the job)
• Strong capability to adapt to necessary changes, and to lead changes.
• Able to work under pressure, deliver results and observe deadline.
• Be independent and firm, at same time a team player.
• Pro-active in liaising with the senior managers, regional and Corporate Finance Office.
• Good interpersonal skills to work in the team - with service-focus mentality.
• Hands-on with day-to- day operations.
• Good analytical ability.
• IT capability: Good knowledge with Excel and Macro functions (preferred).
Required Competencies (Critical behaviors necessary to successfully perform the job)
• Is dedicated to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvement.
• Makes decision in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
Ethics and Values
• Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of Core Values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
• Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks, creates focus.
• Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
Drive for Results
• Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Driven with a high passion, drive and motivation.
• Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
• Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Ability to Work under Pressure
• Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Uses positive and constructive coping strategies when under pressure. At all times conducts oneself professionally to reflect positively on the profession he/she represents.
Required Work Experience (Brief description of the job-related experience needed to perform the job)
• +6 years of post qualification work experience with minimum 3 years in managerial capacity;
• Relevant work experience in MIS and budgeting is must.
• Experience with service industry (preferred).
Required Qualifications (Brief description of the educational background needed to perform the job)
• Bachelor of Accounting;
• Qualified Chartered Accountant Must.
Required Languages (Brief description of the language skills needed to perform the job)
• English and local language (usually Hindi).
Travel / Rotation Requirements (Brief description of any travel or rotation requirements)
• Moderate; willingness to travel at short notice.