Embedded Systems Engineer
• Responsible for the development of leading security / home automation products.
• Develops software requirements and software project plans, including schedule dependencies, deliverable and target dates.
• Responsible for software architecture, design and implementation, covering complete software development life cycle from requirements analysis to production and commercial deployment of embedded devices and systems products.
• Responsible for integration and validation of new product designs with other project team members.
• Supports verification and validation test methodologies for product release, and design for test in a factory production setting.
• Works closely with engineering managers, software quality assurance, software, electrical and mechanical engineers to design, debug and release.
• Provides post-production support of released products.
Qualification, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or related field with experience programming on embedded Linux and preferably real-time / soft real-time embedded systems
2. Must be proficient with C++ on embedded targets with preemptive, multitasking HLOS; solid understanding and maturity in system design.
3. Must have experience and familiarity with object-oriented design patterns and principles
4. Must have experience bringing a product to market (commercialization).
5. Knowledge of serial packet protocols in networking and communication systems that vary from simple (UART, RS-232) to complex wireless protocols (CDMA, GSM/GPRS, custom 345 MHz and frequency-hopping 900MHz protocols).
6. Must be experienced in hands-on development and debug on embedded targets using in-circuit debuggers and electronic test equipment (scopes, meters).
7. Must be experienced in modern software development processes including software configuration management tools and defect tracking tools and peer review.
8. Must be experienced in the hands-on development and debug on embedded targets using GDB or similar debugging platforms and in-circuit debuggers and electronic test equipment (scopes, meters).
Working experience with H.264/MPEG-4
9. Fire, burglary or security system products
10. Working experience with Z-Wave and/or ZigBee protocols
11. ARM, PIC architectures
12. Mobile broadband integration
13. Working experience with TCP and UDP
14. Experience with common scripting languages (Python/Perl).
15. Commitment to being a team member and developing habits that foster a healthy and productive team.